Thursday, April 26, 2007

New Direction

As I write in my blog today, I realize that I have not been a regular visitor for quite some time. When I started this blog a year ago, I was adding about two entries per week. This provided some interesting reading for everyone. I suppose I was also trying to get everyone into the habit of reading on a regular basis. This also provided an outlet for my feelings and instructions to my family. I also wanted to explore this new medium. I also wanted to challenge myself to write. Just plane write, or learn to write.

Recently I came across a wiki article on how to avoid colloquialisms. Wow how I destroy the language. I learned that I should just not write like I speak. I learned that I should make my writing more formal. As it turns out this is the challenge I wanted for myself. I wanted to not be a 'common tater'. You see I still bring on common everyday words and phrases that are well pretty well meaningless, unless you were there. This is just something in my head and no where else. I should not assume that you know what I am talking about unless I explain myself, or you ask the questions.

The world around me is changing as well. Today I am entering this on a computer that Lee Christensen has let me use. It is a computer they had at work.

Recently as I helped with the BYU Lacrosse game I was visiting with the TV crew. I sure have missed a great many things. Well anyway as I was visiting with the TV crew I learned about byu.tv. I learned how to watch programing over the internet. There was one article about Gordon B Hinkley. I was greatly impressed how over the years he was always involved with just improving the things around him. He improved his home, his work, his yard, even his desk. With all the years he has lived he had improved a great many things. How many time and people have we all seen that just want to learn one thing and just continue in the same thing. There are people at work that same exactly the same thing every day. They don't see to want to learn and do something different everyday. Now you are caught in that same trap. What have you learned that is new, today?

So you see this is how this blog can fit in. What have I learned today? What is new? What is Nu? Oh, I let those old things in, but I am trying to move along and try. I am trying to put the old away and start over again.

Well enough for now. You are probably bored with all these words and hoping to get back to your busy life. I guess I can say more later.

No comments: