Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Blessings of Joseph

I have been pondering the blessing that was given to Joseph. As I understand this these were the blessings that was given to him and all of his family. Now I am either a direct decendant from Joseph or I will receive the promises by adoption, as long as I keep the commandments. As I read these words, I can begin to understand how we have been blessed, because of the promises given to Joseph.


From Genesis 49:22-26


Joseph is a fruitful bough,
even a fruitful bough by a well;
whose branches run over the wall:

The archers have sorely grieved him,
and shot at him,
and hated him:

But his bow abode in strength,
and the arms of his hands were made strong
by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob;
(from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:)

Even by the God of thy father,
who shall help thee;
and by the Almighty,
who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above,
blessings of the deep that lieth under,
blessings of the breasts,
and of the womb:

The blessings of thy father
have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors
unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills:
they shall be on the head of Joseph,
and on the crown of the head of him
that was separate from his brethren.

No comments: