Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Wash The Dishes

I was visiting with my brother Duane on Sunday. We spoke of Spencer and which school he will be attending next year. He chose UC Irvin. Spencer is a pretty amazing guy. He does not drive a car yet. He has not even taken driver education yet. Then again he has lots of friends that love to take him around. We wondered how he will manage next year when he goes to college.

I then asked him what the other options were. He said UC Davis and Cal Poly in San Luis Obisbo. We then reminisced about the time we drove our motor cycles to San Luis Obisbo. We went there to visit his college friend Tom Countis.

The family ran a company call Countis Industries. They make a product with ferrite. They explained that if they change the properties just a little bit they could make fridgerator magnets.

Duane then asked me if I remembered washing the dishes. He explained that when we arrived in the home, Tom, his brother, and father had used every dish in the house. They had run out of all the dishes and silverware. They were using pots and pans to eat out of. I mean there was no clean dish available. Period. Duane and I got up on Sunday morning and starting washing dishes. We did pretty good, because when we finished Tom's mother came home.

Actually I don't remember washing the dishes. However my brother does remember our visit. But I do remember that I enjoyed the visit. You also need to realize this was before I starting writing in my journal. So I thought I would record this event here.

I bet you did not think I ever washed dishes.


And then I remebered these pictures. Here is Duane at Big Sur.










Then here is Duane and I also at Big Sur. We are sitting on a stump pretending to ride. It sure was a wonderful trip down Highway 1.















Then here is a picture of the time we went to Yosemite. You can see my gold Honda 750, and Dale Boreman (she married Jerry Fleming), and I can't remember the name of the other girl. I was taking the picture.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gary Hutton said...

Or is it a chest full of drawers?

Gary Hutton said...

I remember now, her name was Ellen. We were taking her to Yosemite because she was starting her summer job as a councelor at one of the camps.