Thursday, March 16, 2006

Cookie Jar

Do you remember this cookie jar? Do you remember where it came from and who gave it to us?

My mother saw the talents of one Helen Dollahaite. She was the artist and a potterer. She was so excited to have a cookie jar made for us. When she brought it on the plane it broke. She was then terribly heart broken. But then in town she found a man who said he could fix it. Apparently he made up a new base and used the mud to glue the cracks together. Then when it was ready he fired it up again. Wala.

Such bright colors, and fits into a kitchen.

This cookie jar reminds me of another that was at Rosewood. I saw mother purchase cookies. Then when I knew she was not going to be in the kitchen I started looking for them. I looked everywhere. I looked in every cabnet, every drawer, every nook and cranny. I looked in the cabnet in the garage, in the soap holders by the washing machine. But I could not find them.

Then the next day, she produce the package. I exclaimed to her where did you hide them? I looked all over for them. She never would tell me. Then as I think back I never looked in the oven. Who would put a new package of cookies in the oven?

 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Paul said...

Ahhhh- you didn't get your cookies :(

Gary Hutton said...

Well, I did not get the cookies when I was ready to dig in and stuff my face with coookies.

And today this cookie jar has packaged gummy bears, and gram crackers.

However don't you think the colors enhance the kitchen. Remember this is a 'self cleaning kitchen, clean up after your self.' So, it doesn't have to be full of stuff. It just has fit in the kitchen.

We actually have some clocks the do not work, but they sure look pretty.

Paul said...

Update on what's in the cookie jar
Candy Bars and Sweetharts
-don't tell mom I know

Paul said...

Addition update...
There are no more gummies, I ate them all. Yes, all of them. Ha

Gary Hutton said...

Lets see she is also the one that said it snow a foot when it was only about three inches.

But I love the enthusiam, that is what is imporant.