Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Trojan foot ball 1970


8-1-1 season.
The Lincoln Trojan varsity team enjoyed a prosperous season, combining an awesome defense with a potent offense. Known as "The Big Red Machine" the varsity went undefeated until the last game of the season. both offense and defense sparkled during the entire year.
.....
The Trojan defense was also outstanding. Led by Captain Charlie Boyd, the defense held its opponents to 188.4 yards per game. Defense standouts were John Huber, Gary Hutton, Rick Battershell, Steve McGraw, and Mike Moore. (The LOG 1971 year book, p 108)


The varsity football team was the real sweepstake's winner with a 64-0 victory over the East Union Lancers. The "Red Machine" rolled up yard after yard in their most convincing game. (The LOG, p. 26)

1 comment:

Gary Hutton said...

It is odd. I was in that game with East Union, but I do not remember it. I think that was the night I went home and Dad cooked a steak just for me. I remember the Steak but not the game.

I also remember the nights going to bed and praying to Heavenly Father, and asking him if the Book of Mormon was true.