Monday, May 02, 2011

New Trails - Found

I have been reviewing maps of the area. I have seen several trails
that go off in other directions. But when hiking I hurry to get to the
destination and forget to look around at the surroundings. I have
walked past these trail heads several times and did not know what they
really were.

So today I was on the lookout for Ireland, Roller Coaster, and Betty.
Well I was also looking for Frank, but it was too far away.

The first picture is the begining of Betty. This pretty much just
goes straight north, until it hits the Great Western Trail.

The next was a picture looking out of Provo Canyon into Spanish Fork
Canyon. I noticed the blades of the wind mills. Can you see them?

The next is of Cascade Peak. It just looked pretty to me. Then when I
looked a little harder I found two hang gliders way off to the right.
That was cool.

The next trail head is Roller Coaster. It is located right by the
inverted 'U' Pipe for an air drain.

The last one is the begining of Ireland.

Has anyone else seen these trails or been on them?

This was a nice and warm day for a hike. It makes up for the last two
weeks of not going for a hike.

No comments: