Saturday, April 15, 2006

Re: [Gary Hutton Blog] 4/13/2006

Lisa,

Yes, after going back to review my comments, I realized the 2nd comment was much better than mine.

The Temple is a place for families to be sealed together for time and all eternity.

A temple is literally a house of the Lord, a holy sanctuary in which sacred ceremonies and ordinances of the gospel are performed by and for the living and also in behalf of the dead. A place where the Lord may come, it is the most holy of any place of worship on the earth. Only the home can compare with the temple in sacredness.

This might be a simple definition. Does this help?

I asked another family member and they said:
To go to the temple there are certain steps for preparation. You have to be morally and spiritually clean. You have to have a testimony of Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith. You also have to be baptized. A Bishop of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints needs to interview you and decide that you are worthy. No, the temple is not a vacation spot.

To learn more about temples you could go here, or here.

Gary


On 4/13/06, Lisa <lilbeanny1@aol.com> wrote:
Thanks for the comment on my blog. I know I have stood up tall...I know now I was made in the image of God & have the mind of Christ. I went through a ministry/rehab to learn the truth for 2 years. I do have a question for you, what do you mean by getting ready to "go" to the temple? Is that a vacation spot? The Bible says we are (I AM) the temple of God. God bless you and you whole huge family. Hey..if you get a chance, read the links on my blog. Panmaquono is my fiancee's blog. The art gallery is my brother in law, Xanga is mine and Crossroadsrestorationcenter is our church. have a great day!!

--
Posted by Lisa to Gary Hutton Blog at 4/13/2006 05:52:39 AM


--
See what is happening with me and my family involvement at my BLOG:
http://gghutton.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paul said...

Here is another page with many FAQ's about the temple.