Friday, October 06, 2006

Bawck Bawck ??




We were having Sunday dinner together as a family. It was a really nice dinner Cosette had prepared. We were eating mashed potatoes, chicken and green beans. It’s one of my favorite dinners. The chicken was moist and juicy and it was real mashed potatoes, not those fake store bought flakes.
Cameron likes to eat mashed potatoes and green beans some of the time. He eats meat, but not that often. He is his mother’s child in that respect. He doesn’t chew very much because he’s still getting all of his teeth. The mashed potatoes are his favorite because they go in and then down. There isn’t much chewing involved for him. I gave him a bite of chicken and he spit it right back out asking for potatoes. After feeding him a few bites of potatoes, Cosette decided to cover up the chicken bite with some mashed potato. She feed him several bites that way that went down easy. She showed me that she was going to sneak the chicken in as she prepared another bite. She gave the bite to Cameron, but he was not to be fooled for long.
The bite went in and he mashed his little mouth over the potatoes once, then twice and then he froze.
His eyes looked at his mother and then me. I started smiling and tried not to laugh. He didn’t move his mouth once after the second chomp.
Cameron’s eyes moved back to look at Cosette.
“He knows.”
Cameron finally opened his mouth and said questioningly, “Bawk, Bawck?”
I couldn’t help but start the Santa Claus belly laugh.
He mashed his gums down once, twice and then swallowed his Bawk, Bawck.

2 comments:

Gary Hutton said...

Way to go Cameron. This reminds me of the chicken story when I was about that age. Of course it was fried chicken. I liked eating the legs. After diner I went out into the garage and smashed some baby chicks dad won at the county fair.

I don't really remember what happened after that. Mother probably did not know what to do.

Gary Hutton said...

That was a different time.

If you can think of Johns home; he has two bedrooms separated by a bathroom. Then the toiled paper roll is pointing straight out the door. Then imagine guests in the front room, then running out the bathroom and into the kitchen and perhaps out the back door (never to be seen again).

I don't know what I was thinking. It just happened.