Saturday, October 28, 2006

Ok now one about Sarah in B3

Childhood Memories

I had a very happy childhood. We moved twice when I was a kid and I hated it. I’m glad we did because I love where I live now, but I remember going back to visit our old house and friends and feeling so sad. In the second place we lived we had a big backyard and orchards all around us, and it was especially big for being a kid when everything looks bigger than it really is. This house was really cool in another way and that was the fact that my cousins lived there before we did. So it really wasn’t new to us except for the living experience. We made a lot of changes to this house but especially to the big backyard.

This backyard of ours had really tall weeds that covered it. It was nothing but those tall wheat-like weeds and trees. It was always so much fun. Our cousins would come over all of the time and we made up so many games to play and we could spend hours out there. We made trails in the weeds. There was a main road that ran from the front to the back and then there were these side roads that went off from that. They were never straight. They always went curving around or zigzagging somewhere. They were tall enough and we were short enough that we could play hide and seek and cops and robbers. Even though we were shorter than the weeds, we always ducked when we were running somewhere. It was like there was less of a chance to get caught that way. One time, my brother and I decided to team up-as we often did-and we made a hiding place in the weeds. It had the perfect location and it was the perfect size. It was like a nest that was only big enough for two people and it was so well hidden that sometimes I had a hard time finding it.

Neither the weeds nor the nest lasted long. Once they dried out we had to chop them down and burn them. But we soon found other games to play which meant my brother and I found more opportunities to team up and dominate.

No comments: