Saturday, October 28, 2006

Where did Paul live

Where did you live?

The first location I lived at was 361 West, 100 South, #2. It was the apartment in Springville Utah. The other name for this city was Art City. We lived 500 feet away from the train tracks. These tracks were used at a constant rate. You knew when the trains were on strike because they would not come by. I lived there for 8 short years of my life.

I have a book all about Springville. It began on the wagon train ride from Council Bluffs, Iowa. The families who were in the company were for the most part of New England stock who had joined the Latter-day Saints Church. They wanted to get away from the persecution. They settle Springville on the 18th of September1850. They built a small fort for the winter. They out grew that fort shortly and began to grow into the big town it is now. This book had described wars, famous people, and the growth of Springville.

Then I moved into a house in Pleasant Grove. The address was 847 South, 1260 East. It is my Grandma’s and Grandpa’s house now. It is a very difficult address to find, people say. It was at a dead end road when I lived there but the orchard was knocked down to build houses next to the house. The property was very large. It is close to a half of an acre. It extended from the road to the Murdock Canal. We lived at the top of our road. The driveway is very steep, and was easy to shovel the snow off.

There are two canyons that led to Pleasant Grove. They are Battle Creek Canyon and Grove Creek Canyon. Kiwanis Park is at the top of the road leading to Battle Creek Canyon. That was the beginning point to climb to the G on the mountain.

I once heard Pleasant Grove was called Battle Creek because there was a fight with the Indians in that area. The outcome was good, that is how the town gets it name.

I then moved to Orem City after living in Pleasant Grove for two years. I have lived in the house at 509 west 1930 north for six years, this last Halloween. This City was named after a dude named Orem. I don’t know any other history of the town except that.

My neighborhood is the Ribbonwood Neighborhood. We are right behind Allen’s Supermarket, that is how you find this place. State street messes with people’s minds when it comes to east and west. My neighbors are very nice to me. If I break there windows with a lacrosse ball they don’t care. If I throw apples in the road no one knows it is me, but they probably suspect it is me.

No comments: