Saturday, October 28, 2006

Kindergarten thorugh JR

My Education: Grades Kindergarten through Eleven

Westside was the best elementary school comparing it to Lindon or Valley View. I went to Westside from Kindergarten to second grade. My teachers in order were Mrs. Tuttle, Mrs. Poorman, and Mrs. Poorman again. She moved from first grade to second. I learned quiet a bit from those great teachers. I learned the song, It’s a Small World After All. We also went to Pumpkin land and as I was walking home the stem of the pumpkin in my hand it dropped and the stem broke. That pumpkin had a very short life. I still remember were I dropped the pumpkin.

In third grade, I went to Valley View Elementary. Mrs. Olsen, Miss Elsworth and Mrs. Hall. Mrs. Olsen taught her last year when I hade her. She could not eat chocolate or she would be hyper for many hours to come. I learned that when I brought peanut butter cookies with Hershey Kisses on the top. My Utah book was made in fourth grade due to Miss Elsworth. She served in the National Guard and she played the guitar, for our music classes. Mrs. Hall was the enormous chair breaking teacher. I had her for two months before I moved to Orem.

The closest school was Lindon Elementary. It was very close to my home in Orem. At Lindon I had Mrs. Bodily, Miss Albaugh, Mrs. Mickelson, and Mr. Ormsby. Mr. Ormsby was my favorite. He taught the best subject of math and History. He died a year later when I was in seventh grade. Mrs. Mickelson was the teacher with the baby. She moved after her first year there at Lindon Elementary. She was from Georgia, and she liked to say y’all. That was the sad part about her. Miss Albaugh was the coolest. I acted very strange in that class. I hope to have changed from that strangeness from those many years ago.

Junior High at Oak Canyon just sucked. Those are the worst years of school anyone can have. I have many teachers that come into Timp Rentals that I can talk to, and some I do not want to be around. There was this one science teacher that nobody liked except me, it seemed. I always see him at Shopko or Timp Rentals. One of my favorite teachers from Oak Canyon was Ms. Hatch. She taught German and Spanish. She was very easy to make fun of. I hope she did not take most of that irregular behavior from the students personal. She was a easy target It was easy to be yourself because we shared things about ourselves in German. She liked to use the terminology of “Red Light” and “Green Light”.

High school has been the best experience yet. I cannot write anything about high school because I have not experience the three years of it.

No comments: