Saturday, October 28, 2006

Pauls family

Paul Hutton’s Great Family

My parents are wonderful. My mom can never take a good joke from me. She doesn’t understand when I am kidding her. On the other hand, my dad can take all that good stuff from me. He sometimes can take my jokes.

My parents are smart and hard working. They can help me on my homework but sometimes it takes to long to do it when I ask them questions. My dad will talk an hour for each problem, but he still would not answer my questions. He is still very knowledgeable. My mom can answer the question and get it over with. If it is a question about English subjects, I would ask my mother. If it was anything else like math, I would try to ask my brother but he wouldn’t be any help. I would then go to my dad for current events and subjects around there. He likes to watch the news, and go on the Internet and look up what’s going on in the world today.

` My older brother is now on his mission to South Dakota, Rapid City. He is in Gillette Wyoming at the time being. I am really close to John. He is my best friend. Even though we had the best of times, and of course the worst of times we made it to this point without killing each other. I understand sometimes when he doesn’t want me hanging around, but I still want to be with him. We had a great experience together this last summer when we went to Summer Lacrosse. He wanted for me to go with him. I felt great that he wanted me to come along. He wanted me to come one time after I hurt my foot. I was a gimp, but he didn’t care. He wanted someone to come with him and he chose me.

My sister, Sarah, and I have a good relationship also. I give her rides to school everyday, rides to practice, rides home from practice and rides to her friends house. That is not all, I help her with her homework. She would have a question and I would try to answer her math problem. It is great that we can be around each other and not kill each other like sometimes that we have.

She also does things for me. She helps with the chores. She helps cook dinner and we enjoy doing things together. I think that is great that I want her to be around, and sometimes she likes to have me around.

My other sister, Rebecca, is best know as Becca. She is the funniest kid. She tries to make us laugh with some very lame jokes she makes up. The jokes do not work. She also likes to bug me. She thinks she never gets to watch Television. I take the remote away and she freaks out. She just doesn’t know what is good for her, when I do this to her.

The great things about Rebecca is that she cares about everyone in the family. She misses John, and he has been gone only for a month.

My other relatives are Nana, Grandpa and Grandma, and the Petersons. I love it when Nanna comes from California to visit. We catch up on old times and there is always something to talk about with her. We could talk for hours on end. Grandpa’s and Grandma’s house is just another one of my family’s home. It is just an extension of our house but one mile away. There are some differences though. It is always clean. They don’t have us kids to mess it all up every day. There is love beaming from that home at all times. And the Petersons’ are very close to us.

One family tradition is that we have Family Home Evening almost every Monday. Sometimes we are too busy to have it so we go through everyone’s schedule for the week. Every month, on the first Monday, we have family home evening with the extended family with Grandpa, Grandma, and the Bryan Nelson family.

Another tradition we have is to get together on the major holidays. Thanksgiving is coming up and my Grandma from California is coming to visit us. It is great when she can visit. I wish she could visit year around. This year we are going to Grandpa’s and Grandma’s house for Turkey Dinner. Every one is going to be there.

On the Fourth of July, we travel to South Jordan to my Uncle’s house. We play games, have food, and do the firework thing. Then I have more food. It is great. A few years we bought some fireworks from Wyoming. They scared the neighbors and the people watching the fireworks. My cousins from California went into the house they were so scared. In California they can’t set off any fireworks. This was their first time, and probably their last time they want to do that again.

Another traditions that our family has is to put up the Christmas tree around my birthday. We used to go out to look for Christmas trees but we bought a fake tree a few years ago. My brother and I got sick of decorating it so we don’t any more. We leave Sarah, Mom, and Rebecca to do it.

We have never had a pet but my dad had some pets growing up. He found a turtle on his mission. We would visit Papa and Nana every so often and look for the turtle in the back yard. One year it did not show up. It made us kids sad.

No comments: